Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Leave, Convert, or Die: Christians Slaughtered in Iraq

Today in Iraq, 2,500 Christians are trapped and dying at the hands of Muslims. Many have been surrounded on Mount Sinjar and were given till noon yesterday to convert to the Muslim faith, or else they would be slaughtered. Already there have been many be-headings, crucifixions, kidnappings, and rapes. There are claims that the women below the age of 35 are being kidnapped for sexual slavery.

The ISIS have completely burned the Syriac Catholic Diocese, including the 1,800 year old church. They have been reported as entering churches and destroying the statues of Christ and His Blessed Mother. In the place of the statue of Our Lady, their black flag was erected. 

In moments like this I wonder what I can do to help. For us, I believe the answer is prayer and fasting. "And in all things whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive." Matthew 21:22 So I encourage you to join me in prayer for these persecuted Christians. 

I apologize if this post seems a bit disjointed, but I wrote it in a hurry after discovering that this is going on. It is getting very little coverage from the media, and people need to know what is happening! Please send this message along to others!

Link for further reading:

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-iraq-refugees-20140809-story.html

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/church-plea-as-iraq-horror-escalates-30494786.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts or questions!